Thursday, December 8, 2011

amber alexander


Scottie Archival Print
"I live in Vermont in a very beautiful, but moody climate. Half of the year is pastoral and like a dream. The other half can be trying. The season changes are charming and interesting, but winter could stand to let up a little earlier than she does.
I have always been artistic, and as a child, drew page after page of girls with different outfits on, and animals in clothes(inspired by Beatrix Potter of course). But it took me years and years to know myself well enough to pick up a paintbrush and let my imagination flow through the paint.
Watercolors really grew on me and I loved the way the flow of ideas from my head and heart flowed directly onto the paper. Watercolors are interesting in that you have to become friends with the water, work WITH it, corral it into doing what you want it to do on the paper.
I recently had a children's book published with my illustrations. It was published by a Vermont Publisher, Radiant Hen, http://www.radianthen.com.
The book is entitled "Ninny Nu's Organic Farm" and all of the characters are animals. It tells a story about how bigger is not always necessarily better. :)
I am so thankful for a venue like Etsy. Every day, I am inspired and amazed by the creative minds I see at work here.
When I am not painting, packing orders or curating treasuries on Etsy (the closest I'll ever get to being a museum curator), I am entertaining and playing with my two nutty poodles, Olin and Izzy, and my sometimes nutty husband, John :) I like running, gardening, art, food, wine, and funny people:)
I hope you enjoy my work. I try to convey my love of animals and maybe inspire others to love them as I do :) "
bio written by Amber via her etsy profile
ETSY * FACEBOOK * BLOG

No comments: