Tuesday, July 17, 2012

cindymars7


Rose Plaid Capelet in Wool// Toggle closure
"Because of the women in my vast Dominican family, I grew up loving fabric and the idea that you could create virtually anything you wanted with it. After having worked in NY City's fashion district for over 15 years, I took a leap of faith, got married, moved out of state and fell in love all over again with my sewing machine. I get inspired by all that is around me : friends, family, rice pudding , vintage ( I serously wish I could time travel to just nab the amazing clothes from every era!!) and the countless magazines that keep accumulating in my husband's garage (sorry hun!). The items here are all a labor of love. As with any labor, there are the pains of having to change countless broken needles, ripping appart unacceptable stitching, pressing and smoothing until I am absolutely satisfied with the final product. My goal is to make sure you have a durable and unique item, so that you can enjoy it for as long as you own it."
bio written bu Mayka via the etsy profile

No comments: