Thursday, March 28, 2013

b d designs


sterling silver with natural amethyst and peridot . (( Secret Garden Ring )) .
"My work is an accumulation of years of study, experimentation, inspiration and the JOY of working with metal! All of my work is created using traditional metalsmithing techniques, commonly called fabrication. These are the same techniques that metalsmiths have been passing down from generation to generation for hundreds of years. It is a legacy of metalwork and I am very proud to be part of that history. I hope you enjoy viewing what I enjoyed creating! I add new pieces each week, so stop back often! On the personal side, I am a wife (of 19 years) and a mother of two wonderful children, ages 14 and 7. They are the inspiration behind my Mother's line of jewelry and a source of joy and inspiration every day of my life. Everything I do, I do for my family and each piece of jewelry I make, I make as if it were for my own family...so you get the very best from me each time you order from me! I live in the woods in Ohio, and I grew up in the woods of Pennsylvania, so a lot of what you see in my shop is nature-inspired as well! I learned about perennial gardening from my mother at an early age and my love of all things green and growing finds its' way into my work constantly! I feel that a lot of my designs grow organically out of that love of nature."
bio written by Christen via her etsy profile

No comments: